The resources section contains all content that has been posted to date for this community of practice. Common resources might include best practices, replicable models, implementation plans, recorded webinars, videos, research documents, and data reports. Content is typically categorized in topic related folders.
Folder: Resources\Workforce Data Trends
Total ( 28 )
Workforce Data Trends
This folder contains tables and charts showing key workforce trends in employment, unemployment, compensation and earnings, education and training, and various types of labor market hardship. This resource includes the following major features.
1. For each table and chart, a brief narrative explains its major conclusions.
2. The data are drawn from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), U.S. Census Bureau, and other sources. For each type of data, the best source is used. The sources are listed, including a link if the data are published on the Internet.
3. The topics covered include unemployment (rates, reason for unemployment, and duration); employment (labor force participation, employment-to-population ratios, part-time work, self-employment, and multiple jobholding); compensation and earnings; and poverty (including the working poor).
4. The groups covered include gender, age. race, Hispanic origin, foreign-born and native-born, persons with disabilities, veterans, and labor union members.
5. Historical data are shown for as far back as possible, using consistent definitions and survey questions, and are as up to date as possible. Unless otherwise noted, the data reflect annual averages.